Wow! This holiday season felt like Christmas! (pun intended) We were flattered to be featured by so many “best of” and “holiday must” gift lists. Here are just a few of our favorites :
- NBC’s Liliana Vasquez featured some of New York’s Best Holiday Pop Up Shops and fell in love with the Unimatic when she visited The Soho Collective! We were told that her spot (and our little pot) was on loop in taxis and even on airplanes during the holidays! The Unimatic is famous!
- SportsGrid said, "the story behind Caffe Unimatic is almost as impressive as the product itself…
Elisabeth Cardiello’s Italian immigrant father was an entrepreneur who was dissatisfied with the American coffee pots, so he went ahead and made his own — tweaking and changing elements until it made a cup of coffee with which he was satisfied. When Cardiello’s father passed away, she discovered a huge stash of vintage Unimatics, all made in Italy, hidden in his closet. Inspired by the find, Cardiello founded a coffee company, and is selling — along with several varieties of coffee — the last remaining Unimatics at a pop-up holiday shop in New York, as well as online. Watch Cardiello’s TEDx talk, then check out the Caffe Unimatic site for a piece of coffee history."
- House of Genius urged folks to give the “gift of decadence… with a vintage, Italian made, drip percolator by Caffe Unimatic (New York City)” We’re so proud to be a House of Genius alumni!
- Crave Local featured the Unimatic in their Annual Coffee Lover’s Holiday gift guide, saying that “there is no fair comparison” to the Unimatic!
“If you’re looking for a rare, vintage coffee experience, the Caffe Unimatic is the treasure you’re seeking. Hand-crafted in Northern Italy over 50 years ago, these antique drip-perculators are truly one-of-a-kind. Only 5000 are in existence, each offering a unique, pleasurable Old-World-style event for adventurous coffee lovers.
The Caffe Unimatic is designed to use the “laws of nature” to achieve a perfect brew every time, meant to be savored and enjoyed, encouraging a celebration of history and life. Paired with the locally New York-roasted San Pietro Brunetta flagship blend, the result is a coffee moment you’ll long remember and wish to duplicate again and again!
There is no fair comparison. The Caffe Unimatic pot and matching custom coffee blends are a unique blast-from-the-past infused with modern times. To contrast with modern coffee makers or even old-school brew over or French press is like the proverbial apples to oranges. Don’t bother to do it, just kick back and enjoy the amazing experience of the Unimatic and revel in the fact that you’ll be among the very few to own and cherish this little piece of American-Italian history.”
…AND ranked us #1 in their 6 Gift Worthy Coffees You Need to Try This Holiday Season
“Roasted in New York in Old World Italian style, Caffe Unimatic coffee artisan blends are infused with generations of knowledge and serious dedication to the bean. They strive to extract the highest quality taste out of each individual bean, resulting in flavors that boast a smooth, nuttiness with no hint of a bitter finish.San Pietro Brunetta is Caffe Unimatic’s flagship blend. Medium in body and full on flavor, this rich coffee delivers a silky finish with a hint of sweet. A great all-around brew that’s suitable for daytime sipping or as an accompaniment to savory desserts in the evening.If you prefer blonde coffees, the Caffe Unimatic Roma Bionda has a mild, light expression and those that like a robust dark brew will appreciate the Caffe Unimatic Milano Scura espresso style roast. Whatever you choose, one thing you can be certain of is the true appreciation of coffee and dedication to craftsmanship are clearly present with each sip!”
- Gotham Gal gave us an awesome shout out in her coverage of The Soho Holiday Collective. She said that we were the brand that she was most excited to see! ((we were totally blushing))
“Particularly looking forward to checking out Caffe Unimatic, a limited edition beautiful percolator from the 1960’s found in her father’s storage room by Elisabeth Cardiello, who packages them in their original boxes (the vintage graphics are great), and a pound of her own brew wrapped in a burlap bag. She’ll be brewing samples most days!”